Sunday, March 27, 2011


God's Love.

I tend to not want to post a blog just to post one but to wait until I am really moved by something & want to share... so here is what God is showing me lately. 

Through all the different things I am going through or around daily God keeps showing me the same thing, love. From how I am suppose to love as a mother, wife, personal trainer, friend, & even stranger to many.

Here in Arizona I tend to notice how there are so many different kinds of people... Let's just say sometimes people are crying out for love yet it can be mistaken for being "rude."I will be running with Jace in his jogging stroller up & down 79th street's sidewalk & people will literally stare me in the face, keep walking, & cause us to run off in the grass.... We will be in line at the gas station & I see the others in line who are well, miserable...you can see it in their eyes when they curse the person behind the counter... The person who is counting change to make sure they get every lottery ticket they can buy each day bc just maybe if they win that will give them fulfillment..We will be at an away baseball game & literally not be noticed... a friend of mine's son held the door open for a group of people (he is 4yr old) & not one person said thank you... When these things happen I just think, "wow! Are you kidding me?" but something God has been telling me when I see them is... its like a whisper in my ear, "I love them too... love them Sarah, show them who I am." Now I think.."Wow! What can I do? And... who am I to look down upon them? If I don't show God's love to them who will?" This breaks my heart...

So, with all that said this morning as Jace & I went for our run I began to think about what will Jesus ask me? What have I done to show him to others? Am I loving enough?? Loving the way he does? Am I serving the hungry, thirsty, homeless?? Am I making a difference in this world? Or am I just caught up in my world? How am I reacting to others?

We did a study in the off season called the Radical by David Platt & one thing that was discussed was the verses in Matthew 25. ( 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40)

I want to be so radical not just in the big things but the small things too... my daily life. This means to not just show love on mission trips (which by all means we all should do!) but the people on the streets, the pregnant teenage girl whose debit cards are declining at the grocery store, the grumpy old man at the baseball games, the lost baseball players, the kids roaming the mall, the homeless man staring you down as you turn at that stoplight, the lady who cuts you off on the sidewalk, your friends, your family, & your children. 

God didn't say love who you want... he said.. 
Love your neighbors as yourself. Share my love.
Today I am humbled & pray I love on others today.

Lord, forgive me where I fail you.

No comments:

Post a Comment