Thursday, March 3, 2011

Jace has been cutting 3 teeth for a total of 7! :) I cannot believe how fast our little boy is growing!!! With that said... I cannot believe how amazing & exciting each day it is to be mommy.

This morning around 3:45 Jace woke up crying for me because he has gotten the bug Jeremy & I both have had... Normally I would let him cry himself back to sleep but as mom I could tell it wasn't his normal cry so I went & picked him up. The minute I grabbed him he clung on to my shirt & wouldn't let go. I could tell he wasn't feeling well... All he wanted to do was lay right next to me in my bed with the tightest grip on my shirt. If I even tried to move & get comfortable he pulled on my shirt & said... "mamamama"... it broke my heart so I decided not to move ;)

When I got home this morning after running & training he was feeling like his old self again, thank the Lord! I hate to see him not feel good or hurt. We played for awhile once I got home & laughed alot.... The minute I sat him down to fix a drink he went after his basketball in the entry way (tile floor) & all of a sudden I heard a loud BOOM. Jace had fallen face first on the tile floor... normally he crys for just a second & gets right back up... today he sat up & blood...yes, BLOOD was running down his face. I took a deep breath & tried not to panic. He has NEVER held my shirt this tight before! Thankfully he just busted his lip open a little bit but it scared me so bad!

We put some ice on it & I held him for a really long time until he started smiling again... I gave him his tylenol & juice & off for his nap he went! I felt so bad everytime I looked at his little lip... When I laid him in his bed to take his nap I sat & looked at him for a minute...shook my head & said, "Ok God... here we go! This won't be the last time my son hurts himself so I better get use to him being a boy!" Then I turned around & shut the door behind me... 

I began to wonder what other kind of "accidents" my son will have growing up...  you know, the typical boy accidents... I am sure I will have too many to remember but no matter how many times he bumps his head or cuts his knees I will always hurt for him. I know for myself that even as a little girl I have PLENTY of stories to share (maybe thats just bc I was clumsy & still am?lol) so I know to expect these things from a little boy.

So, as mothers & fathers we can feel the pain for our children... even as they grow up. It's almost like we are putting ourselves in their shoes, right? Well, last night at the youth's Wednesday service Scott & Steph were talking about how the word tells us in 1 Peter 3:8 to have sympathy for one another... He isn't just talking about our children & when they are hurt, our friends, or even just our family.... but the whole world. This is going to hurt but this means.... EVERYONE. This means to have that same type of sympathy we have for our own kids for the one who teaches your kids the things you DON't want them learning at school to your co-worker that you want fired so bad you can't stand it to your neighbor who complains about everything you do to the homeless man on the street. He wants us to love like Him. 

If Jesus is God's son don't you think he had that same kind of sympathy for Jesus we have for our kids when they bust their lip open? I can't imagine how he felt the day he was crucified on the cross. That is how much LOVE our God has for us. He gave up his only son for YOU. Yes, you, me, & everyone in this world. Hard to grasp but so thankful I live for a God who loves me that much because when I look at Jace I can't stand to see him even cry a tear. Our God wants us to love everyone like that... He doesn't say love your kids, your family favorites, & your group of friends like I love you... but in 1 Peter 3:8 Peter told us we were to love EVERYONE... I think sometimes I get so caught up in what is going on in my world I forget that this isn't a suggestion but a commandment everyday. God's love is big. The next time I see Jace hurting I will be reminded that the sympathy & love I feel for him is just a smidge of what that day was like when Jesus was on the cross & I will remember just how much our God loves us & how I am to love others that much too.

I am humbled today by God's love.
Let us love each other today the way God loves us! Let's put others first & not make today about us!


8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 
 1 Peter 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment