Monday, April 25, 2011

Toxic Beliefs


What kind of toxic beliefs about yourself do you have?

Be careful, these toxic beliefs can be dangerous.

So many times as women we let Satan make up stories about ourselves & then fall into his trap of believing these lies. These are what you call "toxic beliefs". 

Here are a few examples of these toxic beliefs:

Lie 1- I am not good enough.
Truth- I am more than good enough for Him. I am incomparably valuable, eternally cherished, & fully accepted by Him.

Lie 2- Failing means I am a failure.
Truth- Performance dictates nothing about my worth.

Lie 3-If I perform well, I wont face failure or rejection.
Truth- I cannot be perfect because I cannot be God.

Lie 4- People can't really change. 
Truth- Because of Christ, I have been transformed and am, at this very moment, being transformed.

Lie 5-If I can stay in control (if I stay strong), then I'll be safe.
Truth-True strength & safety come through surrender.

These are some things I pulled out of the book called Every Thought Captive that really jumped out at me about toxic beliefs. We must become aware of these toxins, throw them out, & replace them with healthy true beliefs. 

You ARE beautiful. You ARE worthy. You ARE good enough. You DON'T have to please everyone. You CAN do it. You WILL be ok. He DOES love you. You ARE enough. 

He loves us- period.

Dwell in His love for you today & dispose the toxic beliefs you have been hanging onto for too long. 

God is sheer mercy and grace;
      not easily angered, he's rich in love.
   He doesn't endlessly nag and scold,
      nor hold grudges forever.
   He doesn't treat us as our sins deserve,
      nor pay us back in full for our wrongs.
   As high as heaven is over the earth,
      so strong is his love to those who fear him.
   And as far as sunrise is from sunset,
      he has separated us from our sins.
   As parents feel for their children,
      God feels for those who fear him.
   He knows us inside and out,
      keeps in mind that we're made of mud.
   Men and women don't live very long;
      like wildflowers they spring up and blossom,
   But a storm snuffs them out just as quickly,
      leaving nothing to show they were here.
   God's love, though, is ever and always,
      eternally present to all who fear him,
   Making everything right for them and their children
      as they follow his Covenant ways
      and remember to do whatever he said.

Psalms 103:10-11 (the message)



No comments:

Post a Comment