Monday, February 28, 2011


I saw this picture & for some reason it reminded me of Jace :) 

The other day I was asked (get asked this alot) if we will push Jace into playing baseball or sports in general... My response was, "No, we want him to pursue whatever passion God lays on his heart... No telling what that boy will enjoy!" As I thought about it longer I began to think about Jace's future... & what God has in store for him... this made me excited!

Jace loves to play with any kind of ball.... basketball, baseball, soccer ball, football, etc. He will turn down any other toy just to play his version of catch with you... literally any toy. He loves to watch any sport & takes it all in... this makes us think he will more than likely enjoy sports. I am sure he will be encouraged to play because of his family being athletes but you never know... He also loves music... maybe go into ministry? maybe be an entreprenuer? who knows! Our prayer is that whatever his passion is here on this earth that he uses it as his ministry in this world too... 

Last week Jeremy took Jace into the clubhouse at Spring Training & it was so sweet to see his daddy so proud of him & want to show him off to the other guys. Everytime Jace sees his daddy he lights up... Jeremy adores Jace & you can see it in his eyes that he doesn't think it gets much better than having a son. As Jace grows up I wonder what he will look back on & remember the most? His daddy's career or his daddy's character? I hope that even if he doesn't play baseball or any sport for that matter that through watching daddy play baseball & watching his career he learns life skills & not just baseball skills so that he can use it in his own ministry of life.

Jeremy has always told me that his Dad has & always will be his hero... Not because he was a star athlete or famous... but because he was HIS DAD & his Dad hung the moon in his eyes... he didn't watch his dads "stats" in his career but he watched his character & that was way more than status...He watched how he treated his mom... How he was disciplined... Godly... etc. He wanted to be just like him...I know that when Jace is able to say it he will tell me his Daddy is his hero too... no matter what his "stats" say...

Who is the hero in your life???





No comments:

Post a Comment