Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's (Dad's) Day



Anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad.
-unknown


Today I want to take the time to honor Jeremy. August 2006 I fell in love with Jeremy Hefner who at the time I knew as "Hef". I remember running to tell my mom who he was & how excited I was for her to meet him. I remember my dad saying what a good boy he was & how he was the one baseball player I was allowed to "date". I remember being so nervous on our first date (so not my personality) & I got butterflys when his blue eyes would look into mine. I remember telling Coach Myers I was dating "Hef" & he got this smirk on his face then said, "Sarah Grace, there couldn't be a better guy." I was totally head over heels for "Hef"

Years went on with us dating, we got married, & continued to pursue Jeremy's career in baseball. We knew we wanted kids & always talked about having a family but we "planned" to have our first baby after a few years of marriage. God's plan was better. We found out we were pregnant July 2009. I will forever believe that God's plan is always better than ours. We wouldn't change a thing. Jeremy was the best husband throughout our pregnancy. He spoiled me beyond belief. I don't remember cleaning one dish, opening one door, or lacking in any of my cravings (some thanks to Drew Miller for the powdered donuts). I ate plenty of waffles... Hefner homemade waffles that is! Jeremy took such great care of me.

Jace came into the world March 22, 2010 & Jeremy was officially known as Daddy. I remember looking at Jeremy the first time we met Jace & we both had big tears of joy in our eyes. Since that day I have enjoyed watching Jeremy with Jace. Jeremy even changed Jace's very first diaper all by himself! I was one proud Momma from day one! 

Let's just say Jace thinks his daddy rocks... literally. They even head bang in the truck together to Jesus Freak & all sorts of fun music. I love watching them together & I love the bond they share. I love watching him read to Jace, wrestle, pray, play ball, & carry him around the ball park. I love watching him teach him new things like using a bat or a new dance move. I love watching Jace run into his Daddy's arms when he walks out of the clubhouse. That is priceless. (I think I tear up every time) Thanks for being such a great Daddy.

Today Jeremy is in Colorado Springs for a road trip so we aren't able to celebrate with him until Tuesday, however, his parents were able to make the drive out there for his game. His Mom was able to surprise his Dad with a spur of the moment road trip to watch Jeremy pitch on Father's Day. I know Jeremy will be so excited to see them & get the chance to hug his Dad on Father's Day! 

Happy Father's Day to-
 my husband: Jeremy,  our Dad's, our Grandpa, our Uncles, our brothers: Scott, & Brandon! 
We love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment