Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Stepping up to the plate: at home.

"
This Momma is stepping up to the plate: at home.

Any wife & mother to a husband who travels a lot can relate to my blog today. When your husband is gone on the road sometimes you just have to step up to the plate & take care of business. Well, not necessarily business at that kind of plate but business at home. When your husband is gone you must be able to "pinch hit" for him until he returns home. I'm not comparable to Lenny Harris (holds record for most pinch hits) but I'd like to think I am pretty good at coming in to bat for Jeremy at home while he is gone.

I play catch, wrestle, watch basketball, pray, unload strollers, lock doors, take out the trash, wash dishes (yes, my husband does our dishes...spoiled I know), & even kill bugs.... I hate bugs. Last night I killed not one but 2 bugs. Yuck. I think I told Jeremy a million times how disgusted I was that I had to do that & how I wish he was here to do it for me.

Stepping up to the plate while daddy is gone is a big job. When you are a pinch hitter you are expected to get a hit coming cold & confident off the bench... you have to be that good. Well, this momma is doing her best to step up to the plate while daddy is gone & when he comes home she will be glad to hand over the job until she gets the call up again on the next road trip. 

I take on the challenge willingly... sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment