Saturday, June 4, 2011

Too much sleep? Not enough sleep?

Jace relaxing early in the morning.

I have been trying to figure out what is best for Jace's nap times. He is getting to the point where one afternoon nap would be good instead of taking 2 naps everyday, however, he doesn't seem to think so. I know the minute he gets to being fussy or rubbing his eyes he will crash. Sure enough, when I put him down he naps. He has been taking a shorter nap in the late mornings & a long afternoon nap... followed by 10 hours of sleep (give or take a few). Some people tell me its too much sleep while others say its normal. I have been battling this decision of keeping him up the past week or so but he is always so much happier after a good nap. I like to think he is just growing because he has no problem cleaning his plates. I am going to pray & see how this week goes... I have pretty much come to the conclusion as mom you just know what your kids need at this age... Instinct as some say. Well, mine just needs naps. I guess things could be worse? Not enough sleep for him or us? I'll take the naps :)

Maybe one day I will look back & being wishing for 2 nap times again? ;-)

Go with your instincts this weekend & take a family nap! I'm sure it's well deserved!

No comments:

Post a Comment