Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Television.

(I hope I have 3 boys someday)

Today Jace & I have spent the whole day at home. We have gone on a run, done laundry, dishes, baths, bible study on skype, lunch, & he has even taken a morning nap. As I was finally sitting down after laying him down for his afternoon nap I had the urge to grab my blanket & plop in my recliner to relax. I grabbed the remote & flipped on the T.V. Jeremy & I have both said we don't want our family to be consumed with the television & really we don't watch much unless it's: Veggie Tales, Sportscenter, or TVland..... I have come to enjoy The Voice too. Today as I was "relaxing" I was trying to remember the last time I just sat down, curled up, & truly relaxed without trying to multi-task. Let me tell you,... it felt gooood. 

We hope to continue to be an active family & teach our kids to play, read, or go outside over watching tv... (unless it's nap time of course), however, today I have to admit that I enjoyed my T.V. time in the recliner. It was a nice escape from the mess I probably should have been cleaning up in the other room. I don't plan on getting up until Jace wakes up.... don't judge ;)

When was the last time you just stopped & relaxed? 

"Sometimes it's ok to just "relax".  Enjoy it!"
-quote by my husband to me after a long day.


No comments:

Post a Comment