Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How far would you go?


I am part of a baseball wife blog where we share experiences, tips, testimonials, etc. with each other. We are all scattered across baseball country & its so nice to hear the different experiences.... From girlfriends, newly weds to women who have been married 30-40 years... Its been very encouraging for me! 

Last week I read the post called,"How far would you go?"... This post was about how far we would go as wives to keep our husband's dream alive... as wives we tend to get worn down from all the "things" that come with the baseball career but when it's all over what would you do to have it back? Basically saying we should be thankful for the moment we are in, regardless how tired we get! Our husband's dream has now become ours... we want what is best for our husband & never want to see them hurt, therefore, we would do all of the "things" that come along this career ALL OVER AGAIN just to see them play again if that is what they desire.

Today as I was putting Jace down for his morning nap I began to think about how no matter where we are or what we are doing I am always trying to make our house/apartment "home"... Whether it's our rent house in Cali w/2 roommates to our TINY one bedroom apartment in Arizona to our rent house in Claremore, Ok & now the furnished apartment at Spring Training... I sometimes feel as if that is ALL I do because the seasons move so fast...I think as wives this comes naturally...  but what is it that makes it home?

I believe that it doesn't matter how many times I clean the bathroom, the kitchen, buy gorceries, make the bed, pack & unpack our stuff... that is not what makes it "home"... What makes it home is that Jeremy, myself, & Jace are all together. That is what makes it home. It's not that I am just doing laundry... but I am doing OUR laundry... It's not that I am cleaning a bathroom... but I am cleaning OUR bathroom... It's not that we have to have all of Jace's toys but that the toys he does have with him his daddy is able to enjoy with him. This is what matters.

And yes, I would do it all over again if that is what we were suppose to do...

"Where your treasure is there will your heart be also,..." Matthew 6:21

p.s. When we got here Jeremy had already been to the grocery store, bought Jace a pack and play for his bed, 2 new bouncy balls for Jace & him to play with, & had hangers in the closet for me to hang up my clothes... It might seem small but it meant alot to me that he knew exactly what to get for us :) He is a good man.

4 comments:

  1. How sweet it is to know you are not caught up the worldly trappings, and it would be easy to be in your circumstances. I am encouraged by your comments and continue to pray for the three of you and other family members - God is good and will show us His blessings when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that post touched a lot of women, and I love reading your response. I find myself always wanting to buy candles wherever we go. That's what seems to make a place home to me. At our house, I have at least one candle going at some point everyday.

    I think it's great to point out that a house doesn't make a home, but you and your family make it a home. I have a little plaque in our kitchen that says "Home is where YOU are," meaning our home is where God is and where our family is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Carlletta :) We love you!

    Thanks Nicole! I love candles too...something about them that makes them "homey" (sp??) We are in the process of looking to purchase a home back in oklahoma & just moved everything out of the rental house... I went back a few days ago to get my suitcase I left in the closet & it felt so empty... when all of us were there is what home for sure.. now its cold & lonely! Weird how it can change when the ones you love leave :)

    ReplyDelete