Saturday, February 12, 2011

Philippians 4:6-7


Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

Today I sent Jeremy a video of Jace standing for a long period of time by himself playing for the first time. Yes, Jeremy literally just left yesterday for Spring Training & he decided to do this today... convenient, right?! Well, I think Jeremy was somewhat disappointed but he was so positive! He told me that Jace should just learn to walk before he comes to visit him so he can show off to his daddy when he gets there! When he told me that I thought, "you aren't sad??" We were working with Jace so hard when Jeremy was home hoping that he would get it down before the season started. Jeremy said these words, "I don't want Jace to learn to walk on my timing but on his own time." This brought up two thoughts to my mind. 1- How many times does our Father wait patiently for us to figure things out? No matter how many times we fall down or just don't understand he still has patience & love to show us. 2- How many times do we think our timing is best & if we just work hard enough it will happen? When really God's timing is perfect... probably alot for most of us.. 

"God's time may not be my time... But God is always right on time!"

As parents we can get so anxious for our children to learn something new or to perform well at something & put pressure on them when we just want what is best for them! Funny how kids will not do the "tricks" when you ask them to but the minute you go home they do it... is there something to that? Maybe! However, I don't want to be an anxious parent but I want to have complete confidence in him & in God's timing. Whether it be the timing of when he learns to stand, walk, run, sing a song, play sports/music, read, ask Jesus into his heart, etc. God has a divine plan for Jace & each of one us! I pray I don't try to force anything but that! God is continuously showing me on a daily basis how perfectly His timing is when we are patient in the big & small details of life. He cares about all of it. 

I pray that this season as a family we will not be anxious about anything but in everything we do we lift up our requests to God & be patient for him to reveal his plan to us. 


3 comments: