Thursday, February 24, 2011

JOY-
a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated: They are a pure joy.

Ben is a pure joy.

Anna is a pure joy.

Jace is a pure joy.

Alivia will be a pure joy.

Baby Greenland will be a pure joy. 


These pictures are of the kiddos in my life.... Ben- nephew, Anna- Niece & big sister to Ben, Jace- Our son :), Alivia- soon-to-arrive niece, & Baby Greenland- Gods divine plan to bring a baby from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia into our family. This is what brings so much joy into our lives! 

Yesterday as we were driving to Scottsdale I set in the backseat of the truck with Jace instead of up by daddy in the front & I couldn't help but notice how much joy he brought to Jeremy & I... He was so thrilled to have me sit by him... We all laughed the whole way. At one moment I looked at Jeremy & we both just grinned ear to ear laughing at Jace's little personality. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for our little guy...

As I began putting together my thoughts for this post I also thought of the other little ones that bring joy into our life:  

I remember when Anna was born... We waited & waited & waited & waited in the hospital that day for her to arrive... then the minute I made a trip to pick up lunch for all of us she came (of course)...  She showed me childlike faith at the age of 3 when her little brother was in the hospital... Her mind was wrapped around the David & Goliath story & she had NO doubt her Bubba was going to be ok... We got the privilege to watch her daddy baptize her during Christmas time... The past almost 5 years she has been so much fun! We like to watch movies, eat popcorn, & tell stories together.

When I see Benjamin I can't help but light up inside. He makes the whole room smile. Our family calls him our miracle baby but I think he is not just a miracle baby... he is total joy. He is the strongest little boy I know. He has overcome so much already at the age of 3... We weren't sure if we would get to watch Benjamin grow up when he was a month old but let me tell you I can't imagine going through life without a little boy calling me "Sar Sar" (his name for aunt sarah) & playing with Jace. One thing I love about him is when he prays for us... its a bunch of gabber but by far the best prayer I've heard.

Then there is Jace. Words can't describe how proud I am to be a mommy. When Jeremy & I got married our plan was to wait 2 years before we had our first child... well, not so much. Jace was born a month & 15 days after our 1 year anniversary. Thank goodness God had another plan because I sure can't imagine life without Jace... Everyday I learn something new about him & his little personality shines... He is always smiling (unless he's hungry lol) & constantly on the go... I can't wait to see what plan God has for his life. 

I am excited to say that I have a new niece on the way, Alivia :) My sister-in-law, Megan is due April 9th & we are all anxious to meet this little girl! This is why I don't have a picture of her yet so I put the pink elephant up because that is what is in her nursery. Everywhere I go I see baby girl stuff & it makes me think of her. I can't wait to pick her up & take her & Jace to the park... or Meg & I take them swimming... I know she will bring so much joy into our lives! 44 days left!

Last but not least, Baby Greenland. Stephanie & Scott are in the process of adopting a baby girl/boy from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. What a huge blessing it is to know we will be apart of this baby's life. They told us back in November about their plans & since then love in my heart is growing for this unknown baby girl/boy. What is so cool about that is we don't know this precious baby yet, however, God knows exactly who it will be & when he/she will become apart of our family. This baby will be so loved by it's parents & family! Thank you Lord in advance for meeting all the needs for this process to happen & for using our family for your Glory. 
(steph is my sister... Her & scott are Anna & Ben's parents)

Hard to believe that our family is growing so quickly! I feel blessed today to have each one of these kiddos & their parents in my life! My prayer today is that we as parents, aunts, & uncles can show them who Jesus is & be an example of how to live like Him! 

Let us all have childlike faith
&
be filled with joy from the kiddos in our life!

2 comments:

  1. We counted it pure joy when you and Mr. Brandon joined our family!!! then there's the grandkid thing!:-) yeah enough said!! Love you guys

    ReplyDelete