Monday, May 23, 2011

Cherished moments.


The one piece of advice every mother has told me is to cherish each moment. They grow so fast.


They are so right! Jace has already grown out of the snuggling age & into the wrestling stage. He is a loving boy but always on the go! He plays well by himself, super independent, & constantly holding a ball (or dog) in his hand from the moment he wakes up. He is what you call "all boy".

However, this morning I was able to cherish a moment (30 minutes or so) of snuggling in the chair with my son. Usually after breakfast he is ready to go. Ready to go play that is... not today. I had fixed eggs for breakfast & was trying to clean up the mess but had a little boy pulling on my shorts to hold him. Then he began pointing to the chair, grabbed the blanket, & he was content. It was so sweet. We watched 5 different episodes of Max & Ruby while he laid his head on me. I began to get tears in my eyes just thinking how fast he is growing. I never knew motherhood could mean so much. I guess you don't ever really know until you are a mother yourself. (your own or adoptive-all a mothers love) He likes to blow kisses so he blew probably 100 to me in the chair... I think thats when the tears came. It wasn't long before he wanted back down on the floor with his basketball. I cherished it while it lasted.

A friend told me the other day how she was reading Steven Curtis Chapman's wife's book about their little girl & how special being able to hold your baby is to a momma, especially, after you have lost them. I can't imagine how that must feel. I am so thankful for everyday I get to hold my baby boy. I am so thankful I can carry his whole 25 pounds around with me, even if sometimes it's a lot of work.

Cherish the moments you are given with the ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment