Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Watching Fireworks after the game.

First of all, I want to say Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all the men & women who have, currently do, & who will serve willing for our country. You are appreciated greatly!

Our Memorial Day weekend consisted of, well you guessed it, baseball :) Friday night Jace & I got to enjoy our first (that could actually watch) fireworks show after the game. Jace wasn't sure if he liked them or not. He wasn't frightened or thrilled, just completely focused. It was fun!

Saturday we enjoyed a normal baseball routine day! Jace met a new little friend, sweet 9 month old Brooklynn at the field. Her parents are the Munters & we hope to spend some time with her & her mommy this year! It's always great to meet another family!!

Sunday was a day I can look back on have a good laugh. Jeremy pitched on Sunday. Our usual gameday consists of us dropping Jeremy off at the field, going to Target, & grabbing Chick-fil-A before the game. Well, we did just that... somewhat :) We dropped Jeremy off at the field, went to Target for some much needed diapers, then attempted to go to Chick-fil-A & realized it was Sunday...ugh, Chick-fil-A such a dirty little trick to play (Tim Hawkins line- I like how they are closed for Sundays but love that place!)! So, we found us somewhere to drive through for Jacer & headed to the park. The wind was CrAzY & if anyone would have seen me trying to open doors & get our things together they would have thought I was nuts. Once I had everything loaded to go inside & about to pick Jace up I realized he only had one shoe on.... He had taken it off in the cart at Target & this mother forgot to grab it! Awesome. Windy, Jeremy's pitching, & my poor son doesn't have shoes. I decided it was too late to go back bc we would miss Jeremy's outing. We attempted to walk inside & then there it went... Jace's hat... We chased it all the way down to the clubhouse. Now someone really would be laughing. Got the hat & inside we went! The nice Eegee man (amazing slushy stand) brought me my favorite Pina calada eegee w/2 spoons for Jace & I. At this point I was praying Jace would fall asleep on my lap... who am I kidding? This is his highlight of the day: baseball & not to mention it was bark in the park night so he was thrilled to see all the dogs. No way was I going to keep this boy on my lap for 9 innings. We spilt the slushy on my shorts & decided that this just wasn't going to work... I think the lady sitting behind us a few rows felt sorry for me... she doesn't know this isn't near as bad as other days... it was just funny I'm sure. I finally decided to go search for Chrissy & see if she had a blanket in the office we could borrow & about that time Teresa showed up with a big blanket. It was perfect. Jace loved being barefoot on the blanket. He stood there all night, no problems. He also spent about 3 innings just laying on my lap. I was so thankful for Teresa, that blanket, & for an awesome little boy who behaves so well so that I could watch Jeremy pitch. 

With all of that said, Jeremy pitched great! He went 6.1 innings & got his first win! So proud of my husband! Loved being apart of it.... even with all the chaos! :) 

Here are some more photos!
Momma & Jace

Jace with his serious face.

He likes looking at himself on the Iphone camera.
Can't get over how much this looks like Jeremy.

No comments:

Post a Comment