Thursday, May 26, 2011

My struggle to be superwoman.

The things my morning has consisted of: filling up juice cups, cleaning, making grocery list & finding recipes,... Oh & can't forget my "power" drink!

So today as I have been getting ready for Jeremy to come home I have spent my time doing the things listed above while praying & spending some time with God. I figured since these things are heavy on my heart & mind now I better share them while the Jacer is "resting". I want to share with you something I have struggled with & something God is really, I mean really showing me lately: My worth. His love for me. His purpose for me.


I have such a passion for fitness & helping other women. It has been something that has grown more & more over the years & I know God has big plans for that area of my life... in His time. I have developed a passion to stay away from mediocrity. So why am I here changing diapers? Doing laundry? Cleaning up poop out of the bathtub (yes, that is something that is reoccurring at our house. Taking volunteers to anyone who wants to come clean the bathtub?? lol) Fixing breakfast, lunch, dinner, & snacks? Why God if that is a passion you have laid on my heart am I not doing it right now? Should I of moved out here? Am I really glorifying you in picking up messes 24/7?? Honestly, am I? Last night after Jace went to bed I went into his room & sat next to his pack n play just to watch him sleep... I began praying for him & this is what God told me (not verbally of course)
"Sarah, you are right where I want you. You are raising a human being. They need you & I have big plans for you." 

I felt an overwhelming peace of comfort come over me... and this morning? Well, I have been thanking God I am able to be here with my husband & son. I am thankful I get to sit in the stands almost every night & cheer for Jeremy. I will cheer the best way I know how.  I am thankful I can meet new people & I pray to impact a life this season. I am going to change diapers the best way possible. I will support my husband with all that I have. I will play with my son & use my imagination with the best of my ability. I will stay fit & focused the best I can without putting it before my family. Sometimes, its the little things like changing diapers & just being you that glorifies God. 

23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 
Colossians 3:23-24

What superhero are you trying to be today?

-Be the person God wants you to be today. Don't try to be superwoman. It's ok if you don't have it all together. I sure don't & I am thankful I don't because then why would I need Jesus? Maybe thats my mess in a message?

God's light shines greater through "cracked pots" than through those who have it all together."- Joyce Meyer (always inspired by her)

4 comments:

  1. Wow...what a needed reminder! We've had an awful week. Alexa picked up her first ear infection. We got her in the doc yesterday and seemed on track today, but then she had a HORRIBLE afternoon, driving my wife to melt down. We had to do some serious re-grouping when she went to bed. It's great to hear a reminder as to why God has this plan for us! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your daughter's ear infection. Jace had his first one not too long ago & I did the same thing... melt down. Go to my blog about "just breathe" so your wife can read it. totally relate. Hope she feels better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I feel the same way, so often. I feel like I'm just stuck doing what everyone else in my family doesn't want to do. The laundry, the dishes, the cleaning... I love the Bible verse. While I often feel that people think I'm sitting around doing nothing, I feel like I'm constantly falling behind with all the things I have to do and never have time for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were inspired Nicole! I think every mom feels like this at some point or another... Guess we are what you call "professional diaper changers" or at least I'd like to think so... ha! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete