Saturday, May 14, 2011

Influence.


Today I have been thinking about the influence we have on Jace. God has given us a precious gift & also given such a big responsibility. The responsibility I am talking about isn't to feed, clothe, bath, play, teach, & protect Jace...but HOW we feed, clothe, bath, play, & protect Jace. The little things each day make a huge impact on his tomorrow. 

Beth Moore says that women are the most influential because "when momma's having a bad day ain't nobody having a good day" lol... isn't that so true though? Our kids feed off of our personality. 

Here are 2 cute stories:

One of my past mentor's told me her son brought home her Mother's Day card last year & all the questions about her were answered about her helping others & her loving Jesus... this year they were about working out... She said she prays that she is more influential about Christ than working out but both are important. I thought to myself... If Jace could talk what would he say? What will he say in a few years?? What will he say about Jeremy? Do we focus more on health & fitness or Christ? 

This same friend of mine is on a trip to take her oldest son (mentioned above & I think 7 or 8 yr old) to Haiti to serve. I CANNOT wait to be able to take Jace on a mission trip that he will be able to remember!!!!!!

My older sister, Stephanie told me that each morning on the way to drop off her 5 yr old (at the time)daughter Anna to school they spend their time having "girl talk" & each day they pray together while driving in the car. Not too long ago this was their convo:
Anna- "Mom, did GG (grandma) pray with you this much?" Steph- "No, but I wish we would have. We do more so now." Anna- "I wish we wouldn't have to pray about everything all the time...(with a big sigh)"
She is so honest sometimes but this just shows the kind of impact they are making on her... a positive one even though she thinks its all the time now she will look back & remember how her parents influenced her.


I am anxious to see my son's point of view but a little nervous too... I pray daily we are influencing our son & future children the way God desires us to. I hope that when Jace makes a Mother's Day card he thinks of me & sees Jesus (working out is ok too but not #1). I hope we pray so much with him he questions why we do it so much so we can explain it to him. I pray when he goes to college & is learning to be on his own he remembers the things we have taught him about faith. I pray on his wedding day he takes his wife off to pray when they walk out of the church like his daddy did with me. I pray he influences his children the way he hope to have influenced him.


I know these things are many years from now but influencing him starts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment