Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mess.

Let God turn your mess into a message. -Joyce Meyer

Here is just a glimpse of what the Hefner house looks like majority of the time.

(notice the 2 baseballs in Jace's hands)

I am going to let you in on a little secret of mine.... sometimes you gotta let the messes go. 

Before having any kids I use to have a lot of time & energy that I could put into keeping up the house & honestly I really didn't mind it. I enjoyed having a "picked up" house, however, my room didn't always portray that. I had the time so why not? Turn on some good music & spend my days while Jeremy is gone cleaning up for when he gets back. Well, things have certainly changed. Don't get me wrong I still pick up & enjoy the moments I get to clean the house but I have come to learn I love the messy moments way more than the clean moments. 

Let me explain. I love hearing Jace play & talk with his toys in the other room. I love peaking around the corner & watching him look through his not just one, but 6 books. I love watching my son playing with every kind of ball there is & bringing it to me to play catch.... in the kitchen :) I love sitting him on the bathroom counter & letting him brush his own teeth & get water,... everywhere. I love letting him learn how to use a spoon & getting yogurt all over both of us. I love seeing him play in a box in the middle of the living room & for a split second look up at me with his priceless grin. I love being able to stop whatever I am doing & being able to just leave it there to hold my son. I love looking in the kitchen & seeing a pile of dishes that need to be done because that means we are all here together & Jeremy has fixed us homemade waffles. I love curling up on the couch w/my blanket & hot tea while Jace does inventory on every single toy he brought with him out here.

These messes aren't huge messes & I am sure it will only get more interesting the more children we have, but I have fallen in love with these kind of messes way more than I love having a clean house. By far. God has shown me that I need to slow down & enjoy these type of messes. I need to slow down so I can hear his voice instead of being wrapped up in the busyness of life. God teaches us through the messy moments not just through the messes in our home but through the messes in our life. Maybe your house isn't as messy or maybe you don't even have kids to make that kind of mess, BUT do you have something messy going on in your life? What is God teaching you through your mess? He wants to use your mess to teach you something so you can bless others by your experience.

Seek God in your messes today!!!

Here are a few more pictures of our messes!

eating yogurt.

reading.

turned his shirt into a hat. 

eating cheerios watching some bball before bed.
(most of the cheerios I found this morning.)
playing with his box.





No comments:

Post a Comment