Thursday, May 19, 2011

Therapy.


Not my typical therapy today.

Usually my therapy is waking up before the sun rises, lacing up my shoes, turning my headphones on to something up beat like the Black Eyed Peas or if I'm in more of a calm mood... Hillsong United. Then its off on the pavement I go for a nice morning run. That my friends is my kind of therapy. 

As an athlete growing up I use to hate running, I mean hate it. Then as I got into college I realized it was a stress reliever for me & it just kind of stuck. I had no idea how much it would affect me once I became a momma. It is true therapy. It is my one chance to get a breath of fresh air & enjoy me time. I love the way I feel after a long run & it makes my days filled with energy otherwise I wouldn't have! Yes, you can say it... I am a running junky. lol ;)

Sad thing is that today my therapy was not my usual... It consisted of icing my knee & relaxing in the recliner. No ipod. No fresh air. No me time. Just on the couch icing while Jace plays in the floor & I read my book. I still have not fully recovered from the past half marathon like I thought I had... looking more & more like I have runner's knee (whatever that is) so I am taking this WHOLE week off from running to give it a rest one more time. The pain isn't anything I can't handle but pushing it might make it even worse. Hoping to get it looked at soon & back to my old self! :) Until then my therapy is on the couch. 

A light pilates workout is on my agenda for tomorrow.... followed by appointment w/the ice & recliner. 

What is your favorite kind of self therapy??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment