Monday, May 16, 2011

A Momma's Dress.


Yesterday we decided to go out for a nice lunch to PF Chang's & to walk around the mall before taking Jeremy to the field. One thing I have noticed everytime we go out to eat is that I never leave the restaurant in clean clothes, ever. Either I have spilt something on myself or Jace has kindly left something on my shirt. Well, today it was my dress. Not just a spot but a HUGE spot, lol!

Jace loves the fried rice w/chicken at PF Chang's probably just as much as we do. He is such a great kid! I feel so blessed to have a child that I can take to restaurants & not feel a huge bother to everyone else there, however, it is still much for work me. :) He is so independent already! He wants to use the spoon yet makes an obvious mess but doesn't like for me to "help" him. I guess its good his personality is more independent than dependent?? I like to think so. Anyway, because he is so independent he usually leaves a nice mess for the waiter/waitress to clean up. Yesterday, he left me a nice mess to clean up... on my dress! Jeremy & I just looked at each other & laughed.

As we were getting in the car Jeremy was talking to Jace about getting my dress dirty & turns to me to say, "Its a momma's dress". This made me smile. This is so true. When we went to the mall I didn't care I had PF Chang's all over my dress or that anyone else saw it. I had such a great lunch with my boys & thats all that really matters. Jace got to enjoy a big boy lunch with momma & daddy. Some may sweat the little things like having a huge stain on their dress but this momma is just glad she has a sweet little boy to put stains on her dress! I think it becomes natural not to care as much when you become a momma!

I am sure this won't be my last "momma's dress" & I am ok with that :) I just become good friends with the Spray & Wash at home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment