Friday, May 13, 2011

Some things never change.

Having a 14 month old son has really changed my role on gameday, for the most part. 

Instead of:
-sleeping in
-going to the gym & napping on my time
-getting ready slowy & getting "fixed" up
-dropping Jeremy off & reading in the truck until game time
-sitting on the edge of my seat in total focus while Jeremy is pitching


I am:
-waking up to a little boy saying "momma!" in the next room
-fixing breakfast
-GIVING baths
-laying down a handsome little boy for his nap
-packing snacks, juice, milk, tylenol(we are teething still), blankets, toys, & hats
-setting in the Target parking lot for 30 minutes letting my son finish his nap before we attempt a baseball game
-driving through Chick-fil-A for dinner
-change diaper, wipe snotty nose, throw away trash, double check for toys, put my "backpack" diaper bag on & walk w/Jace into stadium
-juggling Jace & his toys during games while trying to keep up with the game
-limiting my bathroom breaks to one per game


However, some things never change.

I still:
-pray all day for Jeremy's game
-am the proudest wife in the stands
-love going to the games
-enjoy our "new" gameday routine
-get a knot in my stomach before the game bc I am excited to watch Jeremy pitch
-want to jump up in joy when he strikes someone out but instead sit quietly with pure confidence in my husband & expect him to get the job done.
-send him an "I love you..way to go" text when he finishes
-& I still love my role on gameday.

My routine may have changed & maybe even my role a little... but I don't feel like Jace has taken away anything from the game... just added a little bit more joy to it :) I am enjoying gameday so far this year no matter what the scoreboard says... good or bad. We know God has a divine purpose for our family in those stands & on that baseball field. May all the Glory go to Him in all we do.... even on gameday.

Cheering for Daddy!

Jace's new hat

Momma & Jace

Keeping a close eye on the mascot, Kino.







2 comments:

  1. That video just made Aunt Megan cry!! Wish we were there to cheer him on! Love you 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you too :) He LOVES the games... minus Kino the mascot! ha!

    ReplyDelete